University Physician Associates (UPA) has a great opportunity for a (Medical) Coder to join our multi-specialty coding team. The successful candidate will be responsible for abstracting and coding physician inpatient/outpatient diagnosis and procedural codes according to insurance company guidelines including Medicare and Medicaid.
Founded in 1972, UPA has a long history of providing quality healthcare for Kansas City. Since its inception, UPA has grown to include over 150 medical staff doctors. As a private not-for-profit corporation we employ the medical staff faculty for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. Our multi-specialty doctors provide patient care at the primary teaching hospitals and their clinics. The UPA administrative staff provides group practice management activities including billing and reimbursement services.
UPA also offers a supportive environment for obtaining CEU requirements and excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience and central location.
· Physician coding experience
· Detailed knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT coding and payer documentation guidelines.
· Familiarity with current medical terminology
· Capability to meet deadlines
· Capacity to apply policies, procedures and prior instructions to new situations.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and limited verification.
· CPC credential preferred
· Teaching Facility experience a plus
· OB-Gyn surgical experience a plus
This position is located on-site in the UPA administrative offices on Hospital Hill near Crown Center in Kansas City, MO.
To apply email resume to email@example.com or fax to 816-421-7379