Founded in 1972, University Physician Associates (UPA) has a long history of providing quality healthcare for Kansas City. Since its inception, UPA has grown to include over 150 medical staff doctors. As a private not-for-profit corporation we employ the medical staff faculty for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. Our multi-specialty doctors provide patient care at the primary teaching hospitals and their clinics. The UPA administrative staff provides group practice management activities including billing and reimbursement services.
We have a great opportunity for a Patient Account Representative. Become a member of a multi-specialty patient accounts team.
- The position is responsible for an assigned portion of the Accounts Receivable and assisting in the Accounts Receivable Process.
- Individual will maintain an assigned portion of patient accounts receivable at an acceptable level at all times.
- Responsible for collecting on patient balances, outstanding insurance balances, and credit balances as well as working reports and monitoring accounts sent to the collection agency.
- Assists in training new employees and developing daily processes and procedures.
- 2 Years of medical billing, appeals, and A/R experience preferred.
- This person must be able to perform all functions within the billing cycle and accounts receivable process.
- Working knowledge of payer specific requirements. (Medicare/ Medicaid/ Commercial/ Self Pay)
- Knowledge of CPT Codes, ICD-10, and medical terminology.
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, on telephone and in person.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent Benefits, salary commensurate with experience and central location
To apply email resume to email@example.com or fax to 816-421-7379